Friday, May 12, 2017

Food for Thought

So I found this draft waiting to be finished.  I think it was from back when I had a huge post and broke it up.  I haven't been cooking much, but most especially not from Pinterest.  This week I planned from my Taste of Home magazines. so I thought I'd toss out these Pinterest finds instead.  I will go thru my menu and pull out items from TOH that I haven't shared previously, and put those in another post.


I love a good Monte Christo sandwich, but when I've tried a couple times to replicate it,  I haven't had great luck making them at home.  When I found these Monte Christo Sliders I knew I had to make them.  I wasn't sure how the family would take it, but they (and I) LOVED them.  They were everything great about a Monte Christo - gooey cheese, lots of meat, and that sweet touch of jam.  I didn't have any raspberry jam, but I did have this Kodiak Berry Syrup from Costco - it was perfect, right down to the dusting of powdered sugar on top!  They were probably better for me not having been dipped and fried.  And I didn't miss that.


I whipped Cheesy Corn Chowder as a meat free dish during Lent - though I was loathe to leave out the bacon, it was still quite good.  Warm and creamy and that nice sweet touch of corn and the crunch from the rest of the veggies.


I needed dessert for in-law dinner night, but I wanted something for lunches the rest of the week.  These Banana Split Cookies were quick and easy.  Every one loved the combination and soft texture.  I enjoyed them as well.  My only issue is totally personal in my lack of liking artificial banana-flavored anything - from pudding to Popsicles.  Like I said, everyone love them and I would make them again.


I made these Smoky Roasted Sweet Potatoes to go with the soup.  Besides being a good boost in nutrition to the meal, they were a great side and super easy to pull together.  These would be great with grilled items later this summer.


Happy Friday,

No comments: