Thursday, September 29, 2016

Throw Back Thursday

I would very much like to play with paper, but it doesn't look like this weekend will be the weekend.  It's been Homecoming Week for the two high school boys - I sent the Senior off today in a toga.  Saturday is the dance and even though they're boys, there's still stuff to be done last minute .  Sunday is spoken for as well.

I have the SCT Single 2 Doubles class.  Each week I download the sketches and examples and cut files and my fingers itch more and more to do something!  


This is one of the last layouts I did during the SCT Easy, Detailed, Expert Class.  I used Week Four's sketch, which is basically the left side of the layout.  I wouldn't necessarily stretch four photos over two pages, but this poor guy has, maybe, three layouts to his book.  And he's eight now.

I used My Mind's Eye Alphabet Soup Boy, which was in a Smaller kit.  The line was released in the summer of 2010, so the line was either in a late summer 2010 kit, or beginning of 2011.  I wanna say it was in a January, 2011 kit.  

I really liked this sketch, and the resulting layout, which was the "Easy" example in week four.  It was an easy layout to stretch to two pages.  It was an easy layout to get to "work."  It made layering easy - something I feel like I struggle with.  It's a sketch I could use again.  I could get more photos, though I'd probably have to straighten the photo blocks to do so.  But so what.  I love getting miles pages out of a sketch.

Happy Thursday,

No comments: