Thursday, April 21, 2016

Throw Back Thursday

I've mentioned that the Smaller Apron Strings kits are great for Pocket-Page (i.e. Project Life®) scrapbooking, as well as mini books.  

I love minis for their instant gratification.  I would say most could be completed in an afternoon, though I have a couple December Dailies that took a weekend.  They are a great place to use extra photos or duplicate photos.  Keep them out for regular thumbing-through or rotate them in and out.  

The minis I've completed are mainly holiday-centric, 30 Days of Thankful or December Dailies, though I have others:  a small chipboard one from Halloween, a travel one I sent with hubby when he was on the road a lot, brag books for grandparents, etc.  I've got quite a few when I round them up in my head.  This, however, is not one of them.  


This mini was created by, then, Sous Chef Vicki Kelly, using the Smaller kit from 2009, and the Bella Blvd Swing Into Spring line.  I came across this line when I was sorting my own kits.  It's fun and bright.  I can't recall if I'd used it, but given that my now 7 y.o. was seven months old, I'm thinking it was intact.  I know I kept it, though.

Anyway, Vicki used the entire Bella kit to create her mini here.  The acrylic album was not part of the kit, though.  You can find, or you may have in your stash, mini albums in all shapes and sizes, from chipboard to a more traditional hard-cover album.  Shoot, go to the dollar store and get a flip book; minis aren't meant for the long haul.


Unfortunately, she didn't take individual photos of her pages, but you can get the gist of it pretty well.  She trimmed her papers to fit.  She kept her layout simple and used one photo per page.  Most pages are just the patterned paper or cardstock and the photos, but you can see where she's placed an embellishment here and there; the majority of embellishments were used on the cover.  The album is ring-bound, so she tied ribbon from the kit on the rings.  If you want more embellishments, it's a great time to mine your stash.

I've got a couple minis to complete and knowing how quick and fun they are, I'm now inspired.  

Go. Create.

No comments: