Thursday, March 31, 2016

Throw Back Thursday


I think, pretty sure actually, that this is the last of the layouts I completed some weeks ago.  If luck goes my way, maybe I can get something done this weekend.  I started rearranging my studio space, well actually it started with the other half of the basement.  Then I moved over to my studio, which took an fork in the road when I was trying to find a new space for some kits.  That led to a round-about of sorting them into some kind of categories to find easier.  Which has now led into an I-need-to-purge-my-least-faves before putting them back away.  Aka, I've run out of space.  Basically, my space is in a fairly disassembled state.

Why is it such a spider's web to reorganize?

Anyway. . .last layout.  Photos are from Christmas 2006 -these in particular are St. Nick's Day.  The kits I used that night were all from December 2014; this line was My Mind's Eye's Sleigh Bells Ring (which was a small kit.)

I loved this line.  I think it was the red and the Aspens.  I used a fair amount of the paper, actually I think I used the majority of the kit, which means any leftover paper hit the trash or was put in the giveaway box.  The paper was pretty busy, so I cropped the photos pretty tightly, since they themselves were a touch busy.  I could have matted them to give them more separation from the patterns below - hindsight is a great thing.

I opted to split the Tree paper to give some white space for the photos.  Because of the weight of the Black Plaid, I put that at the bottom of the layout.  I wanted some sparkle and shine, it is Christmas Season after all, and the Glitter White Velvet trimmed out the top of the Plaid blocks.  I added a couple Pearl Brads along the center seam.

The space above the photos seemed to empty, and I played with running the Velvet there first, but the White Cardstock did it no favors, so I trimmed a short Gingham border from the B-side of one of the papers and that worked just fine.

The layout, being one of many St. Nick Days, is also pretty self explanatory, and I've run out of things to say about this tradition in our home, so journaling was unnecessary.  The title is on the Red Stag Tag, with the date and embellished with a Black Plaid Button.  To add balance, I adhered the Flair button on the opposite side, which I could have also matted in some way to give it more pop off the background.

It's snowing now, which is great creative time for me.  Maybe I won't wait for the weekend.

Happy Thursday,

No comments: