Thursday, January 7, 2016

Back from Break

Why, oh why, is it so hard to get back into routines that you didn't ditch completely, or for that long, even?  I didn't do a lot of menu planning during the holidays, nor did I put a lot of effort into the meals I actually managed to get to the table, but dang, you'd think I was starting from scratch with how hard it's been to get back into the swing of it.  Cleaning the house seemed pretty pointless most days.  It was like trying to shovel an ongoing avalanche with all the kids off AND home.  Nobody had anywhere to be (nor did they seem inclined to wear more than their pajamas), so laundry was an was an all week, instead of a two-day, affair.  We won't talk about the need to get up in the mornings during the break.

But three of the four are back in school; Girlie goes back up this weekend for classes on Monday.  When I tackled cleaning on Monday, I started to declutter the house of Christmas stuff, and that helped.  I made my menu up on Saturday because I told a friend I'd share it with her to help her get into the whole menu planning thing.  I made the week's meals quick and easy items, which helps with the getting back into it thing.  As the kids have trickled back into school, the daily sloughing of items in their possession dribbled throughout my house during the day has been stemmed.  The need to get the 7 y.o. to school took care of lazy mornings.  So I'm more or less back on track, except for creative time, which is always a struggle, no matter how important I rediscover it is when I've had a taste of it.

Starting next week, I'll be posting some challenges to use your stash this month, so look for those, as well as a return to a more regular posting schedule.

For now I'll leave you with a peek or two from our holidays.  Or 14.


Happy Get Back to Work, aka Thursday,

No comments: