Thursday, September 18, 2014

TBT - Super Stash Busters Challenge #2

I had a good day yesterday - flowers and coffee from my daughter, dinner out and received the first three books in the Outlander series (dang those suckers are thick.)  The only thing that would have capped it off would have been a little time at the scrapbook table.  But, I'll take the day the way it was.

I did spend some time with my supplies this past weekend.  I used an Apron Strings kit, combined with the Super Stash Busters Challenge #2 to complete this layout.  This Jillibean Spotted Owl Soup line was in a Smaller kit, back in 2011 - so it's a Throw Back Thursday, too.


The challenge itself talked about how the use of grids can help use up a variety of papers and embellishments.  The sketch was a one-pager and included 15 slots for photos and/or embellishment blocks.  I would have liked to include more, but couldn't crop my photos down enough.  In the end though, I like the balance and the snapshots captured this day (my now 13 year old's - 14 on Monday - fifth birthday.)  I would have liked to embellish the paper blocks a bit more, but the paper was busy enough on its own.  

Another challenge down.  Another kit gone.  Well, almost, I have some patterned paper to use to make a card or two.

Happy Thursday,

No comments: