Wednesday, August 13, 2014

We Are/#100HappyDays

The light is changing and I've seen a few clumps of yellow leaves in the Green Ash in our backyard.  The seasons are starting their hand-off.

Last week we didn't do much. . .we must be in the before-school-lull or denial, depending on who you are.  My week in pictures, courtesy of #100HappyDays.


Day 35/100 - I read cookbooks like some people read novels. My stack from Christmas is now half as big as it was.  I have a new, ever growing list for the upcoming gift-giving season. (Submitted for lessons on Shapes and Lines in the Phone Photography Project.)


Day 36/100 - Feet up and a few moments with the only magazine I get.  Well, besides my Taste of Home, which is more cookbook than magazine, to me. (Submitted for the lesson on Fill the Frame in the Phone Photography Project.)


Day 37/100 - Chop only dinners for too-hot-to-cook-in-kitchens. 


Day 38/100 - While these are in season, they may or may not be the only thing that makes up my daily intake of fruits and veggies.


Day 39/100 - Homemade Raspberry Pie for dessert.  Of note, I made my own crust, something I've yet to master, but this crust was good - light and flaky and crunchy on top thanks to a dusting of sugar. (Submitted for the lesson on Vantage Point in the Phone Photography Project)


Day 40/100 - Doing it "old school" and drawing with real chalk instead of digital chalk.


Day 41/100 - Reward for FINALLY finding curtains. And it was Happy Hour! Half price limeade, baby (Submitted for lesson on Fill the Frame in the Phone Photography Project)


Day 42/100 - Sha. . .cookie dough.  I'd serve it raw for dessert if I could, but logic won out, and I baked them up and served them with homemade ice cream. (Submitted for lesson on Rule of Thirds in the Phone Photography Project)


Day 43/100 - Some days need a peek at these sweet faces...So I have a Pinterest board full of them.

Happy Wednesday,

No comments: