Thursday, June 12, 2014

Throw Back Thursday - Stashbusters #10

I'm not sure how it happened, but I got out of order and this post got left behind.  But it's Thursday.  It's a throw back.  So it works.

I stepped back to 2009 with a Smaller Apron Strings kit and a Fancy Pants line, even the photos are a throw back - 2008.  I went for a traditional layout and I combined the kit with StashBusters Challenge #10.  


This challenge was to use stamps, something I always want to do, but never do.  That center banner is all stamps on a Notebook-style patterned paper.  I used a total of six stamp sets (Heidi Swapp, Stampin' Up! and Stamps of Life) and used some of the patterns from the paper line for inspiration.

I used the cardstock and one embellishment on another challenge layout, so I had a decent amount of stuff left for this layout.  I altered the one-page sketch into two-pages to fit the photos.  I must say it was pretty fun to play with the stamps, but I think it's going to be difficult to do so again - they aren't in my line of sight when I work so I tend to forget about them.  Overall it was a fun layout and I like the way it came together.


I still had some paper left, so I cranked out three cards to use up the remaining kit.  I did another stamp montage (top card), did some watermark stamping, which doesn't show up well but leaves a lot of room for the sentiment, and then used up a border strip to make another.  Are they gonna win awards?  Probably not. . .well. . .no, they won't.  But this kit gave me two layouts, three cards and one less kit in my stash.  And that makes me very happy.

Happy Thursday,

No comments: