Thursday, May 22, 2014

Throw Back Thursday - Big Batch of Cards


We've been under Severe Thunderstorm Warnings every afternoon this past week; today will be no different.  I expect, given the view out my window, that we'll be under a Tornado Watch as well, pretty soon here (I can hear the thunder, the sun is slowly slipping away and the clouds are boiling up and turning very dark.)  It's not the best of reasons to have to head underground, but if we've got to go, at least I've got my studio down there.

Remember  The Stack, culled from The Pile?  Thanks to an hour or two on Mother's Day and these eight cards, it has been reduced to a few sheets of chopped up cardstock and a supply of journaling cards.  Still trying to figure out what to do with the journaling cards.

The oldest of these papers is probably the Scenic Route (remember them?  Loved them.)  Anyway, the Scenic Route Lynden line is from 2008; this particular line was not in an Apron Strings kit - though there were many loved lines in Apron Strings kits.  Lynden may have found its way into my stash when Scenic Route went out of business.  I may have gone a little nuts buying up kits of their various lines. I don't recall the details, that sort of buying produces a sort of hazy memory.

There is a bit more of the American Crafts Daydream (2011) line, but otherwise the cards are just a mix of cardstock and left over embellies that I either had on my work table (like the epoxy dots from the January Bigger than a Breadbox kit - the Lily Bee We R Family line) or items found in The Pile or on my Clip It Up (like the Bella Blvd Christmas stickers - don't recall the name of the line.)  And yes, some stamping (Stamps of Life and Stampin' Up!) as well.  Was I on a creative roll or what?


The first card and then the three Scenic Route cards (the last three) all used sketches from the Page Maps U card class.  I used watercolor pencils to color the stamped images - then found out I have a collection of Stampin' Up! watercolor crayons.  Never opened.  Who knew?  Apparently, not me.  Next round of cards they are getting used.


The Big Picture Sketch Solutions class started today, to my surprise; I thought it started next week.  So I'll be taking my first assignment down with me in just a bit here.  If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, I'll post my completed assignment there.  I still have two challenges from my StashBusters class to finish, too.  Depending on the weather, I may get them all done this afternoon.

Happy Thursday,

1 comment:

wendipooh13 said...

way to go on the cards!!! Super cute!!!