Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Disney Autograph Album

Kristin Perez used the May Smaller than a Breadbox kit - the My Mind's Eye Now & Then Izzy and Simple Stories Spring lines - to create a Disney Autograph book.  So awesome!

Kristin here: 
So excited to show you the project I completed with the May Smaller than a Breadbox kit. The first piece I pulled out was the sheet of paper with the "dreams do come true..." and "Never Grow Up" card - I knew instantly I wanted to do a Disney project! So I decided to create my daughter's autograph album.

I made the pages 5 x 7" from the cardstock in the kit.  After purchasing my 5 x 7" album to put the pages in, I realized the page protectors were actually larger and had to mount my 5 x 7" pages on a larger piece of cardstock.

A way to cut 5 x 7" pages (or invitations) with no waste is below. All you are left with is one 2 x 2" square!


I took the the My Mind's Eye Polka Dot paper and punched a Mickey Mouse shape for each page in different colors. I continued this on every page.


On this page (below) I wanted to point out that you need not use an item in the kit as is. Make it your own!

The My Mind's Eye stickers in the kit had a small banner that said, "My Little Guy."  I cut that apart to place the "Little" on the Minnie page (lower left corner) and the "My" and "Guy" on the Mickey page (upper right corner) .  And Minnie was little - Amory was commenting on that all day!

Also, on the Minnie page I took two of the raindrop gems in the kit and placed them together to create a heart over the punched Mouse shape.


Thank you for stopping by and taking a look! I hope this inspired you to cut up, make your own and create with your Apron Strings kit!

Kristin 

Kristin, thanks so much for the awesome inspiration!  Thanks for helping us see the versatility in Apron Strings kits.  :)

Go. Create!

No comments: