Friday, March 28, 2014

Wisdom Teeth, Food and Two Layouts

Today is not a happy day.  At least not for my 17 y.o. daughter.  We started our Spring Break out with dentist appointments. . .fun, I know.  We found out her wisdom teeth are un-doing the thousands of dollars we put into straightening her teeth.  We are having them pulled today in the hopes we will only spend several hundred more to re-straighten them.  Not exactly the plans she had for finishing up her Break - nor us, this all came about in two days.  Hopefully, there's no complications and she's relatively comfortable within the next couple of days.

I didn't cook from Pinterest this week, however, Taste of Home has their own Pinterest page, so I just nabbed a couple recipes that I made and they have pinned.  Taste of Home is the one of the two magazines I get.  I keep back issues and rotate them in out and according to the month on the calendar to help my menu planning.  That way I'm pulling from recipes that are using in-season ingredients.

I made this Skillet Lasagna.  Normally, I would have made my own spaghetti sauce and cream of onion soup, but I wasn't feeling like it.  I might have also subbed in Italian sausage for the plain ground beef, had I had sausage.  I set this up before leaving to take the kids to the local rec center and then just turned the pan on to heat it up when we got home.  Yummy and easy.


I also made these Orange Chicken Wraps on a night hubby had a work dinner.  Another meal I prepped before taking the kids to the rec center.  I used rotisserie chicken, left out the broccoli and used bottled sauces, where normally I would have made my own.  We use raw tortillas from Costco which are really good, and nice and thin.  Perfect for a meal after the rec center, where the 5 y.o. swam and the older kids continued their training for the half marathon.


And I continue to live craft vicariously through the Sous Chef's.  Today it's Kristin Perez, who used the Smaller than a Breadbox kit for March.  Here she used the Carta Bella It's a Surprise line.


Given her use of the kit, I think she has the two star pins and the baker's twin left and that's it.  Nice work, Kristin.

I've got plans for the weekend.  If my adhesive shows up, crafting will be on the list.

Happy Friday.





No comments: