Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Didn't Mean to Be Gone and Wrap it Up

I didn't mean to be away so long. . .it just sort of happened.  But my day is equally discombobulated today, so I'll just keep it short and sweet and go for today's Wrap It Up challenge.  

I found this adorable, yet super simple card on Pinterest and followed the link to Kellie Winnell's blog.


Then I picked up this color pallet from Apron Strings' Color Theory Board


I love this color scheme.  The rich red with the kraft/chocolate browns.  Now the card doesn't have a pop of red, but if you're making a layout you may need the extra color.  

The card could inspire you to use a stamp as a border.  Maybe dig out those wood embellishments - you could even ink one up in red ;D.  Maybe there are rub-ons or alpha stickers that you've been meaning to use up.  Use the layout of the card to create a different themed card, or a layout and simply move the sentiment a bit and put photos in its place-where they intersect the stamped border.

Get your card, layout or pocket page completed and linked up by Sunday evening to be eligible for . . . wait for it  . . . another kit!

Happy Wednesday,

No comments: