Friday, November 29, 2013

Post-Thanksgiving and Final Gobble Up

I hope your Thanksgiving, if you're here in the US, was full of good food and laughter with family and friends.  If you're not in the US, I hope your Thursday was just a good.

We hosted the in-laws with turkey and the trimmings.  Naturally, there were a couple recipes from Pinterest to round out some of our traditional dishes.  We had these Crescent Rolls and they were awesome.  Soft, fluffy and great the next morning for breakfast sandwiches.  I had to add another 1/2 cup of flour and cooked at 350 instead; probably has something to do with our altitude.  I also cooked up this Indiana Sugar Cream Pie to go with the traditional pumpkin pie.  I didn't know what to think of it when I came across it, but it was awesome and so easy to assemble.  Next time I might do cinnamon on top instead of nutmeg - or a combo of the two.


I'm not much for the Black Friday Shop-a-palooza, or the insanity they created this year with shopping on Thursday night.  Nope.  Instead I'll craft on my day-after.  And you, for your final day for Gobbling Up stash, your inspiration comes from Wendi Robinson.  She created this card with the November '13 All Year Cheer Card Kit.


In keeping things simple this week you can use the inspiration to create a card, maybe get a jump on some holiday cards.  Or maybe dig out some older Christmas papers for a layout.  Use the basic design of the card and put photos where the circles are.  Or just change up the colors to create a card for another event.

Share your link in the comments and earn an entry into the November drawing.  Remember, even one finished and shared link earns you a spot in the drawing.  More completed projects means more entries, and, well, more completed projects. ;)

We're looking at a quiet weekend with good weather to, hopefully, get decorations up on the house - that's the 5 y.o.'s goal anyway.

Happy Friday,

No comments: