Friday, November 15, 2013

Organizing Bugs, Friday Food and Gobble Up Challenge

I think I mentioned that Fall, more than Spring, is when I get the bug to clean and organize the house.  I have been making lists of things in each room of the house that need doing - big and small, short and long term projects.  Recently, a friend on Facebook posted a link about taking control of the house in four weeks.  Four weeks.  28 days.  Sounded doable.  And just in time for the holidays.  So, I joined in.  I'm on day three and am plowing along quite nicely.  But it's only day 3 of 28, I'm just hoping the steam keeps coming.  And there is something to be said about sharing your goals, any goals, with others.  The tasks are simple enough and certainly not more than I could accomplish on any given day.  If you're looking to get your house in order for the holidays, or just because it needs it, check out 4 Weeks to a More Organized House.

My menu this week was thanks to The Pioneer Woman - she gave me the French Bread Pizza I made for the kids last night, the Chicken Tortilla Soup which served two meals and the Roasted Red Pepper Pasta which was really, really good!  I also made these Pumpkin Scones from Pinterest.  Instead of the duo of glazes, I used some Caramel Glaze from an apple cookie recipe, which was good but too moist for me.  If you're looking for a quick meal for the weekend so you can be crafty, any of these PW recipes will fill the bill.


I had to be in the pit that is my studio last night - gah, between the kids' mess and my own I need some serious one-on-one time with it.  Anyway, I have a ton of paper - a decent supply of embellies to be sure, but the paper far outweighs them.  So today is another paper challenge and using at least five different sheets. 

I found this one on Pinterest which led me to Scrapbook.com's gallery and Skrapaddict's layout.  The layout uses Simple Stories Harvest Lane line from last year, which was also the November 2012 Smaller Apron Stings kit (if you still have that kit, dig it out and use it!)  It was a fun and bright line.  I like this layout because it uses a ton of paper in a it-doesn't-look-like-a-ton way and includes more than one photo.  Something to note - there's no cardstock on this layout!


Share your link in the comments and earn an entry into the November drawing.  This week, I'll also toss out a goody to anyone who completes two of this week's challenges.
My to-do list for the 4 Week House challenge is a mile long - by my own design, not because of the challenge - so I'd best get to it.

Happy Friday,

No comments: