Friday, October 18, 2013

The Week, The Food, The List and Croptober

 
We woke up to this.  The 5 y.o. had much rejoicing and plans for making tiny snowmen - he and his brother have the day off.  He's playing xBox now with said brother and the snow is melting quickly, so I think the plan has derailed.  I'm thinking what's remaining in the garden isn't gonna be much good to harvest - but once the snow is gone I'll see what's salvageable.  I don't have high hopes.
 
 
This week was about crunchy, beautiful leaves and the many shades of gold during autumn, especially noticeable around the lake.  Playing the priest. including his mic.  The deep Colorado Blue skies and snow capped peaks.  Finding a photo of my daughter in the local paper where she was cheering on former volleyball teammates during the High School's Think Pink night. Attending last night's RV Football game versus yet another cross-town rival and beating the pants off them.  The rival is hubby's alma mater.  The night was crisp.  The benches were freeze-your-butt-off-cold.  The sodas needed lids.  And the memories of attending many football games when I was in high school bombarded me.  The first football game of any kind for the younger two boys, who seemed to enjoy themselves.  It was super fun, even if it took until this morning for the warmth to return not only to my toes, but to my backside.
 

I had several recipes from my I Can Cook That board on the meal plan this week.  Because we headed to the football game last night one didn't get made, one is a repeat, one I won't make again (it was good, but I've got others to try and it wasn't knock-my-socks-off redo good)  and two are still to come - meaning tonight's meal and Sunday's meal.  I also have a Snickerdoodle Bread that I'm making later today, along with two other loaves of bread and some kind of apple dessert - I'm feeling lazy so I'll probably make a Crisp of some kind.  BUT I did make this Bacon Ranch Mac 'n Cheese on Wednesday and it was pretty good - the family polished it off.  I made my own cream of mushroom soup and added like six slices of bacon instead of one (come on, one slice of bacon!) and I used precooked chicken from a chicken I'd done in the crockpot and frozen. 

I have a list of things to do this weekend, on top of the baking I have to do today, I have some of my scaled down projects within larger projects - like finish the mantel for Halloween.  Like pull shirts and shoes out of my closet.  Like straighten one of the boys' headboards.  Like head out to a pumpkin patch.  Plus getting inventory loaded on the Apron Strings site (go check what's up there now for some good deals ;D)  Plus taking some time for creating.  We'll see what really becomes of the list.


Finally, yesterday you were asked to choose between Pumpkin and Apple for your Croptober challenge today.  If you didn't pre-select a Fall Fruit, choose one now and then use the key:

Pumpkin = Use a pumpkin - paper, embellishment, in a photo, etc.
Apple = Use an apple - paper, embellishment, in a photo, etc.

Link up your creation to the comment section for a shot at the October drawing.  REMEMBER, if you complete two or more of this week's challenges you'll get a little extra treat from me.

Happy Friday,

4 comments:

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Lori I left you a message on the website about my shipment this month. Waiting to hear from you on what to do.

Unknown said...

Those pictures are great! And that mac n cheese looks divine! YUM!

Lori S @ Apron Strings said...

Donna - I emailed you today.

Charlene - it was good. And thanks on the pics. :)

Donna Nuce said...

Lori -- did not get the email. d dot nuce at comcast dot net