Tuesday, October 22, 2013

30 Days and Croptober


It's probably not widely known that I enjoy making mini albums.  I don't make them regularly, but I've made a few:  a Halloween super mini done back in '06 (my third child was so young, the 5 y.o. thinks the photos are of him - I had to ask the 5 y.o., "Do you remember dressing up as a knight?"  To which he replied, "No."  Okay then), my December Dailies, tribute albums, an album my hubby took when he traveled a lot, and a few others.

Last year I took part in a new photo project by Cathy Zielske - Thirty Days of Thankful.  I simply shot a photo of something I was thankful for on that particular day and shared it on the blog - some were "serious" and some not so much.  Looking back at last year's I feel the need for a mini album creation.  Something super simple, with pockets!  It'll be super fast, the photos just need to be printed and I have the writing done.  Boom-baby.

Cathy Zielske is hosting another round of Thirty Days of Thankful this year.  If you haven't ever done a mini or a project of this type - try this one.  You may find a new addiction.  This type of project is good for the soul and is a great reminder of the good things in life.  This year, I'm hoping to engage my children and maybe have a day or two where they snap me a photo of something they are thankful for, with their words.  I might even be able to engage hubby - though it'd be my photo and his words (hopefully.)  We've had a few rough spots this year as a family and it would be good for all of us.  Having it in a mini, out for everyone to see, would just reinforce the blessings in our lives.

After two hours with my two youngest getting their "Well Checks" at the doctor's office, and one freakin'-break-my ear-drums-piercingly-loud-blood-coming-from-my ears scream emitted from the depths of the 5 y.o.'s soul (booster shot time) I'm in need of some crafting time.  Or at the very least a hearing aid because I'm deaf in at least one ear now.



Today's Croptober challenge comes from a Pinterest search that lead me to PSA Stamp Camp.  I love the photo strip, the non-traditional colors for a Halloween layout, the tilt of the main mat and the details (the stars along the title block, the little scalloped strips, the stitching detail, the pumpkin "O."  What grabs you?  Use it to inspire your layout, card or other project for today.

Link up your creation to the comment section for a shot at the October drawing. 

Happy Tuesday,

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Hi Lori, here is my layout! http://sweetpiecesbyme.blogspot.com/2013/10/croptober-at-apron-strings-catch-up.html