Friday, August 30, 2013

Uh-Oh

I may or may not have previously made know that I have a dishware fetish  obsession  habit  love. Seriously.  I have five different sets of dishware:  winter, spring, summer, fall (which will roll out on Labor Day), outdoor and good china. Fortunately, my husband supports my habit and changing tastes; or maybe it's unfortunate since his willingness makes it easy for me to change.  Unfortunately, all my current settings have been retired - well, my spring dishes may still be current.  Also, unfortunately, they are all chipping and breaking which means finding replacements is difficult, if not pricey.

On the plus side, my new inspiration will provide years of gifts!  Also on the plus side, I usually sell off the remaining and in good condition pieces to fund my latest love.

Enter my newest idea.  Fiesta ware.  I've long loved it, but was collecting other pieces and couldn't figure out how to work it into my cupboards.  Then while shopping for school shoes, I was struck. . .the idea was genius.  I almost danced in the shoe aisle.  Though this would surely have caused my sons great angst - maybe I should have danced, a mother needs to embarrass a child every now and then - it's one of our joys. 
 
Anyway, my idea:  I'll start replacing my current collections with solid colors and mix and match.  I could barely contain myself.  Bonus - upon drooling looking over the Fiesta website they come with a 2-year warranty and are USA made!

Now to tell loving-hubby my idea...

 
I mean how great would this Beet Hummus look in a Lemongrass colored bowl?  The hummus, found on the Apron Strings I Cooked That board on Pinterest is awesome by the way.  I cooked up beets I snagged at the farmer's market.  Yum!  And the color is insane.
 
 
 
Or serving up Sunday breakfast pancakes along with my newly canned Peach Jam (also on Pinterest) on these Paprika lovelies.
 
 
 
Oh my.

It's cool and cloudy. . .for now.  High 90's are expected to be here, again, and I have our weekly Friday dinner to get cooked.  So I need to head to the kitchen to mix up dessert before the kitchen becomes a raging inferno.

We have no plans for the Labor Day weekend - usually we spend it at the soccer fields.  I have too many ideas of things to do spinning in my head to select just one, which is usually my down fall as I end up doing nothing at all.

Happy Friday,
 

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I also am IN LOVE with Fiesta Ware and we're only a few hours from the Homer Laughlin warehouse in Newell, WV. We've been there several times. YAY!