Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Monday. . .Nope Tuesday

Hubby left yesterday for a business trip and that threw me totally off - it had nothing to do with sleeping in passed 9:30.  It was gorgeous and I kinda got lazy sucking in all the coolness and rain.  Laundry got folded, a bathroom got cleaned and floors were swept and vacuumed, but little else happened.  Unfortunately there was plenty that needed doing.

I did manage to complete and upload several assignments in my Big Picture Phone Photography class.  I have about five I need to do - one that involves movement I just can't capture a good shot - it's starting to annoy the crap out of me.

One was being a Hometown Tourist.  There is a ton of things to do and see in Colorado.  In Arvada? Eh, not so much. . .what we do have pretty much takes place in Olde Town, from the Farmer's Market, to Movies in the Square to the Free Concerts in the Park series that starts this week - so excited.  Gold was found not far from Olde Town in 1850 and the city was platted out in 1870.  Olde Town still has many homes and buildings from its early days.  The town's first postmaster's garage still stands, just behind the kids' school.


I also completed the Water assignment.  I kept wanting to capture the much needed rainfall we've been having daily, but most of it fell at night, or I was driving in it.  We haven't done the pool thing much this summer, so instead, I captured my oldest and my youngest in another grand summer tradition. . .water fights.


I re-shot the Summer Food assignment which was more about the harvest, or the prep of the foods.  My original photo was the dish I used the Farmer's Market strawberries in.  This one is more in line with the actual assignment.


I found a new Perspective for this shot.  At least when it comes to shooting the kids.  I debated using this one for the Play assignment as well, but I'm hoping to capture something else the kids have been doing instead.


It's time for you to get busy.  This week's challenge in the month-long Cook Out series is S'mores.  I was inspired by The Pioneer Woman on the Food Network - I may or may not have watched several a couple episodes yesterday.  This week your work will be based on your selections to make S'mores:

  • Graham Crackers
  • Granny Smith Apple Slices
  • Traditional Marshmallows
  • Coconut Marshmallows
  • Peanut Butter
  • Chocolate Bars
  • Caramel
  • Hazelnut Spread
  • Berry Jam
  • Strawberry Slices
  • Chocolate Coated
  • White Chocolate Coated
  • Butterscotch Chips
  • Peppermint Patties
  • Chocolate Covered Caramel Candies
  • Pumpkin Butter
  • Apple Butter
Select your five ingredients and list them in the comments section; tomorrow you'll get the first key to unlock your ingredients.  You'll be able to add additional product to your page or card, but it must include your five ingredients. You have until Sunday evening to complete this week's challenges. ALL entries this week will get a Gift Code to Apron Strings.  Even one entry into the weekly challenges gains you entry into the drawing for July's prize pack.

Off to complete something before hubby comes home.

Happy Tuesday,


5 comments:

Deanna said...

I'm back from vacation and ready to play this week! I'm going with pretty traditional ingredients.

•Graham Crackers
•Traditional Marshmallows
•Peanut Butter
•Chocolate Bars
•Caramel

Donna Nuce said...

Graham Crackers
Traditional Marshmallows
Chocolate Coated
Hazelnut spread
Strawberry slices

Patchi said...

Here are my ingredients... Let's see if I have time to eat my S'mores..
Graham Crackers
Coconut Marshmallows
Chocolate Bars
Hazelnut Spread
Strawberry Slices

Donna Nuce said...

Nice photos of Old Town Arvada!

Lori said...

LOL. Thanks.