Thursday, April 25, 2013

Upcoming Stuff

Did you get to shop the Second Helping sale yesterday?  Well . . .shhh. . .if you didn't, you have a little time since I haven't had the chance to get over there and turn things off.  Hurry though.  ;)

I'm finally scratching and clawing my way to the end of the long list of "must do's" that started at the beginning of January.  With luck, and much hope, the final weight will be lifted off me and allow me to do some of the "need to-do's" that just get shoved aside when multiple the deadlines come barreling down.  And then getting back on my track of "want to-do's."  Here's to being optimistic, eh?


A couple things coming up you may want to sharpen your scissors and stock up on the adhesive for.  First thing, National Scrapbook Day is May 4th.  Here on the blog I'll be doing month-long challenges with Apron Strings kits - so dig out your kits, or head on over to the website to pick-up some full-sized kits or TV Dinners so you can play along.  Over at Big Picture they are hosting their 3rd Annual Creative Crop on the 4th - a FREE Event.  Ten hours of challenges, crops, chats with industry designers and PRIZES (the prize offerings are awesome.)  Set the whole day aside or just an hour here and there.  The best part is that even if you don't get to all the challenges that day, you can still access them after the event.  I've signed up.  I'm sure I'll have soccer games, but with 10 hours of challenges, I'm hoping to get one or two done.

I've said before, I enjoy Big Picture Classes and have taken a couple dozen over the years.  There's a new one coming up, 28 Days of Sketches that I'm seriously considering.  You know how I feel about sketches and sometimes a class is just the thing to help me get back into a groove of creating daily.  There is also Camp Scrap, which I'm looking at and mulling over.  I totally agree with May Flaum's philosophy on scrapbooking and I've taken a class from her before and really enjoyed it.  If you're thinking of taking these, the Creative Crop or another class, let me know.  Just like a workout buddy, sometimes you need to have that partner to keep you going! ;)


Today's inspiration comes from Nancy Longo, using the Smaller than a Breadbox April kit - this is the Fancy Pants Trend Setter line.  First, I love that her pets are rabbits.  This one looks like a marshmallow - you just want to squoosh him.  (I may have to borrow the theme for rabbits - more on that tomorrow.)  Second, I like how she used the Studio Calico frame to draw attention to a small detail in a large photo.  Finally, the Fancy Pants line - there is something about the colors and bold graphics that I'm really drawn to; it is definitely a versatile line to work with.  

So what do you take away?  The colors?  The bold graphics, which maybe is something new for you to use?  Using only 4x6 photos?  Scrapping something "everyday" as opposed to "events?"  Whatever it is, create it and then share a link to it in the comments section to be eligible for this month's prize - a sampling of American Crafts Peachy Keen line.


Gotta get some stuff done today, we have a make-up game tonight.  One down . . . and what. . .600 to go?

Happy Thursday,

  

No comments: