Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March Madness - Day #12

If you haven't followed any of the links in the comments during March Madness - you need to!  Just pick a day, and click the links in the comment sections.  There are totally awesome (sorry, my 80's is showing) layouts and cards created from the challenges/inspiration.  Then it's your turn to go create and share your marvelous work with us!

I need some Spring today.  I noticed that some of the daffodils are starting to pop up along the front steps of my house.  And after noting last week that the trees were still quietly asleep, I noticed this morning that our big backyard Green Ash is starting to look fuzzy.  

Today's March Madness inspiration is off of Apron Strings' Color Theory board and seemed the perfect thing for today.  I love purple, but it's not a color I use much.  It's usually not the main color in papers these days, not since Chatterbox was around anyway.  But I really like the colors in this grouping.  I love using purple for winter layouts, but babies, showers (both the rain kind and the bridal and baby kind), boys, and water-side photos are good go-to's as well.  Then there's all those bunny, eggs, baskets and floral themes for Easter and Spring cards.


My calendar this weeks is crazy full, chaotic more so than usual.  Last night we celebrated my Father-in-Law's 81st birthday with a small party during our usual Monday night dinner with them.  By the time I had cleaned up, I was done for the night.  I'm hoping after an equally busy day today, I'll be able to hit the storeroom for a photo of this month's prize.  That shouldn't stop you from playing along and linking up your projects.  You've seen previous goodies - you know it's good!! :)

Happy Tuesday,

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Here's mine using greens and purple and the March 'Smaller Than' Kit.

"My Basket"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2013/03/my-basket.html

Lori said...

I love the soft, wispy feel of these Authentique papers. Beautiful layout.