Monday, March 18, 2013

March Madness - Day #11

I need a re-do button for the past weekend.  Wouldn't that be great if there were such a thing??  I'd have hit that sucker like a snooze button - over and over and slept the remainder away.

We'll just start the week fresh with today's March Madness challenge - a couple of sketches from PageMaps.  I love the pocket with a photo, journaling card, tab and paperclip - such  a good place to tuck memorabilia or extra photos.  If you need an example you can find one HERE


How crazy is it that Kristin Perez's layout using the Smaller than a Breadbox March kit (the American Crafts Soho line) could have come from the above sketch?  It didn't, but it's an awesome example to take away.  Oh, and if you want to create something similar - the March kits are on sale now. :)


And if you'd rather create a card, I've got a sketch for you, too.  I like the clean look of it and how you could change out the circle to a flower, bunny, egg, basket, tree, ornament, house. . .or whatever to match the event you need a card for.  If you're stuck, you can find an example HERE.


And, yeah, I didn't pull the prize together, as I'd hoped.  We'll see how life treats us this week.  Still, get your work linked up to the comments by the end of the month for your shot.

Happy Monday,

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Here's mine based on the PageMap and I combined it with the colors for Challenge #17.

"Water Battle!"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2013/03/water-battle.html

Lori said...

I like it. So bright and I like the numbers.