Thursday, February 28, 2013

Change of Plans and Love Your Stash - Last Day :(

We found out last night that the upcoming tournament has been partially cancelled; cancelled for sure for us and my 14 y.o.'s team.  I figured as much, given that last year we barely had 2" of snow, pittance compared to the 12+" we got over the weekend, and they called the tourney.  Sounds like some divisions will be playing on some fields somewhere down there.  I'd like to say I'm upset because, even with the chaos it creates, I do love watching my kids play their sport-of-choice.  However, the thought of watching them play without the benefit of even one practice . . . yeah, I wasn't looking forward to that.  Now I have the last weekend before the start of the regular soccer season stretching out before me. . .what to do?

My list continues to be long as I add new projects to it, but I'm also scratching off projects, which feels great!.  I, alas, have done nothing for One Little Word for February   Well, not nothing exactly.  I did read the assignment and I pulled some pieces of the assignment together, but haven't completed it.  I doesn't help that I really don't get it.  I, however, didn't read the extended reading she provided for the month. . .maybe then it'll be clearer to me.

I'm also, how many weeks behind in Project Life?  Four?  Six?  Including this current week?  I continue to take photos.  I have photos printed for two weeks.  I have photos on my phone for two or three.  Editing them in Instagram and then printing them takes really very little time, it's a matter of getting it done and hoping my ink holds out.  I'm not stressing about this, though. . .I know I'll get them done.  I could use a creative break this weekend anyway.

I also have my next knitting class starting on Saturday.  I had hoped to work on my one lonely little sock last night, or at least do the cuff of sock number two. . .but exhaustion caught up with me and my knitting stayed in the bag.  It's truly a sad little sock with just the foot needing to be finished on the one and, well, everything on sock number two.  I need to get back to going to "free knit" on one night during the week.  It was Thursday before the holidays and whether it stays that night or not doesn't matter, it just needs to get on the calendar.



Today we're saying goodbye to February and to the Love Your Stash challenges. For your finally challenge, dig into your stash, go as far back as you can, and pull out your oldest kit and combine it with something new.   If you don't have a kit, simply pull out your oldest papers and a handful of coordinating embellishments.  Mix up the old and new, say like drawing inspiration from Wendi Robinson's cute card from the February All Year Cheer Card kit.  Like perhaps you add a new technique - misting, distressed edges, sewing or cutting/punching the hottest shapes like chevrons or the hexagons below.  Freshen up the colors of the papers with a neutral background cardstock like Kraft.  


Upload a link to your project in the comments section by Sunday evening to be eligible for the American Crafts pack . . . which dangit!  I can't remember the name of again!  SIGH.

Happy Thursday,

4 comments:

Jessica Navarro said...

Great challenge! My take on this challenge is located at: http://scraplifterdesigns.blogspot.com/2013/03/sweet-little-one-new-layout.html The large die-cut paper is brand new by Fancy Pants and I combined it with an old K&Company sheet and an old 3 Bugs in A Rug paper. I love using up old stash! Combining it with new goodies make me feel better about continuing to buy when I already have more then I will EVER use! :)

Lori said...

Sorry cute layout. Hey, and whatever it takes to bring in the new stuff ;D

Deanna said...

Boo! Hoo! This is the last Love Your Stash Challenge. It's been fun digging into some of my older stash as well as using some of my new goodies. Thanks for all the inspiring challenges, Lori!

"French Onion Soup"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2013/03/french-onion-soup.html

Lori said...

Such a fun layout...it'd fun to have such layouts from my mom or grandmothers-if they had scrapbooked!

Glad you had fun.