Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Long Weekends

Long weekends should have as a by-product some serious productivity. . .not a wheel-spinning, negative-outcome in accomplishments.  But that's what this holiday weekend was. . .zero in terms of getting much done.  And not in the good we-were-out-playing ways, but in one of those what-the-heck-did-I-do kinda ways.

We did cap off the holiday weekend yesterday celebrating my sweet hubby's birthday.  He roasted a turkey, which was totally yummy, and I provided the sides and a Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake for dessert.  We had our usual Monday evening dinner guests, his folks, and his sister and her husband joined in the lively meal.  Now, it's back to school, back to work, back to trying to getting  things done.

Because of my inactivity this weekend, I don't have my Project Life to share this morning, which bums me out in more than just not sharing it - but it will not derail me!  Actually, I never made it to my studio this weekend - the closest I got was to run crap from the kitchen down to the store room. I gazed longingly at the clean-ready-for-work space as I stomped back up the stairs.

But you can start your week being productive.  Even though it's supposed to be almost 70 tomorrow. . .Hello?  My calendar says it's JANUARY!. . .I'm not ready to give up the dream of having some snow. . .a lot of snow would be great.  This color inspiration from Apron Strings' Color Theory Pinterest board makes me think of snow. . .and baking while the fat flakes float past my kitchen windows.


Uh, and to go with a color inspiration, a little practical inspiration provided by Jennifer Halleck using the January Smaller than a Breadbox kit - the Carta Bella line.


Happy Tuesday,

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Here's my take on the color inspiration using The Apron Strings January Smaller kit.

"Snowballs"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2013/01/snowballs.html