Thursday, December 20, 2012

Soup's On! Tutorial for Your Holiday Buffet

In the December Smaller Than a Breadbox Kit for December was the beautiful Aspen Frost Collection by Basic Grey . It was perfect for the soup luncheon I hosted for the teachers and staff at my daughter's elementary school. The teachers and staff were enjoying their Nutcracker Market - booths set up for their shopping enjoyment - and so our theme for the lunch was of course Nutcrackers!

Supplies:
Scrapbook Paper (I used Tin Soldier and Open Sleigh)
5 X 7 frames (The Dollar Store)
Spoons (The Dollar Store sells them in packs of two)
Letter Stickers, Rub Ons (which is what I used) or a pen
Glue Dots or other strong adhesive

Directions:
Step 1
I cut my paper (Tin Soldier) to fit the frames - I made three so the last piece had to be pieced together.
I put the paper in the frame behind the glass.
Reassembled the frame.
Step 2
I cut my flags from Open Sleigh measuring 4" X 1 1/2".
I folded these in half and put my labels on.
I wrapped them around the spoon using a glue dot to attach.
Step 3
Attach spoons to glass with glue dots.

 
 


As part of the decorations I made soda pop bell jars. Find the directions here -
http://lifeartcollide.blogspot.ca/2012/10/soda-bottle-bell-jars.html
 
 
Thank you for stopping by - I hope that you can make your own food markers - maybe spoons for a hot chocolate bar, forks for a pasta bar, or knives for a baked potato bar. The possibilities are endless!
Kristin

Posted by Picasa

No comments: