Friday, September 21, 2012

Pink Sunrises

My daughter and I were up and out of the house before the sunrise. . .just barely.  The sun was just starting to crest when we pulled out of the neighborhood.  I saw it in my side mirror and wanted a photo.  But given that I was driving and the traffic to the high school is always. . .ah. . .frantic, I decided I'd best keep my eye on the road.  Though it was so spectacular that I couldn't resist frequent looks to the east to watch it rise; bathed in an amazingly pink glow, which overlaid the almost florescent orange (the only good thing about all the smoke in the air), you could see the ball of the sun - another affect of the haze in the air - filtering out the flare.  My daughter snapped a few shots on her phone and then a few with my ever-present point and shoot.  If they turned out, I'll update the post with a photo.  If you have to be up that early, then you might as well start the day with something that spectacular!

 
Today, Jennifer Halleck brings us an amazing layout, using the Bigger than a Breadbox September kit - the Echo Park So Happy line.  Lots of cut-work highlights the fun hexagon trend.  It's a fun layout with lots of energy - perfect for a girl's sleepover!
 
I've got plans today - a little apple pie baking, a little dinner to cook, a little studio time and tackling another portion of someones closet.  Let's see what actually ends up happening.
 
Happy Friday!


No comments: