Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Getting to Know Jennifer Halleck


Again, Blogger is giving me fits on this computer.  GRRRR!  It's making me crazy.  But I'm gonna have to put this post up and then find another computer to edit it on - because you just have to know about Jennifer!  She's been a long-time autoship member of Apron Strings and designer.  Here work is fabulous!  She's a multi-photo scrapper and more often than not does the 2-page layouts.  A gal after my own heart.  BONUS, she lives right here in Colorado so we get to meet up often.  :D
I am mainly a stay-at-home-mom of 3 girls ranging from 11 to 7.  I’ve been married since 1997 to a wonderful guy I met in college.  As with most scrapbookers, I have developed an acute interest in photography.  I also enjoy rock climbing, scuba diving and skiing although I don’t do any of them nearly as much as I’d like to!  I have lived in more than 10 different states, mostly in the Midwest, while growing up and my dad was NOT in the military.  He started up nuclear power plants.  I love living in Colorado now though and hope I never have to move!

My kids are the primary focus of my scrapbook pages although I do occasionally create layouts of my nephews (to do some boy stuff LOL).  
  • What inspires you?  Friends and family usually.  Pinterest and browsing online and in magazines.
  • What’s your scrapbook style?  My scrapbooking is generally clean and simple but I try to incorporate a variety of styles and techniques.
  • What can’t you scrap without?  An ice tea from Sonic J and my ATG’s.
  • Share one piece of advice for scrapbookers?  Enjoy the process!
  • How do you approach journaling?  Most of my journaling is straightforward.  I don’t do a lot of really emotional journaling but I like to tell the story.  I always do my journaling in my own handwriting.
  • What could the title of your life be right now?  Where do we go today?
  • ‘Fess up – what’s a confession you have?  Not telling J
  • What’s your dream scrap product?  Magic cleaner and organizer.
  • Do you have a favorite technique – either right now, or one that’s constantly in use?  Fussy cutting and inking, always seem to use one or another.
  • What’s the longest you’ve spent on a layout?  I’d be ashamed to tell you.
  • What’s the shortest you’ve spent on a layout?  I’ve done one or two in less than 30 minutes.  But not very often.
  • What’s your biggest challenge?  Finding time to scrap without guilt.
A big, huge "Thank You" to Jennifer for all her wonderful inspiration.  Oh, the layout about used the Bigger than a Breadbox July '12 kit, the Basic Grey PB&J line.

Happy Wednesday.

No comments: