Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Pinterest Challenge #3

Ah, this makes me think of cooler days.  My 3 y.o. woke up looking for snow and letting me know when we see it, to get the tree.  I'm sure it'll be here before we know it, but it's a long hot summer until then.
This pin is from the Home for the Holidays board.  I love the simple elegance of it.  Something easy to replicate for the holidays to be sure, but inspiration abounds for your layouts and cards, too.  There's the lovely white-on-white; achieve the look with layers and textures - think gloss white, flat white, sparkle white, pearls, white velvet or sheer and embossing to give elegance to your work.  If all white is too much, add the sparkle of silver.  Challenge yourself to stick to one or two colors.  Or maybe the "Joy" reminds you to use your alphabets, your chipboard or your diecut machine.  Even the photo may have you thinking of those photos that showcase what makes your house a home and you decide to create a layout about.

Layouts are due Sunday evening for a chance at the My Mind'e Eye American Made collection kit.

I hope your burgers are done just right, your pie crust is flaky, the watermelon is juicy and fireworks are popping all over for you.  Here, we're under a fire ban (duh) and almost all of the state's outdoor fireworks shows are cancelled.  It'll be an odd day without the anticipation of sitting on the soccer fields with our "island" of blankets spread out, waiting with tons of other people for the field lights to dim and that first "BOOM" announcing the coming show.

Happy 4th of July.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Added my link, "Just A Dusting"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2012/07/just-dusting.html

As I look at the inspiration I think of snow and the lack of it we had this Winter. For the silver bells I used the sparkly glitter alphas.