Monday, July 30, 2012

Pinterest Challenge #21

I started to write this while waiting in the doctor's office for my daughter . . . gone are the days when I'm in the room, I'm relegated to watching Ratatouille and the fish tank filled with "Nemos."  On the plus side, I started the blog post for today and caught up on my email when it was just too hard to type on my phone.


Hot weekend, broken with sporadic storms - lots of clouds and some rain, but not near enough to say we are now drought-free.  Enjoyed watching the Olympics - I feel like we need three screens just to watch the sports we all want to watch:  soccer, volleyball, gymnastics, swimming, diving, shooting...the list goes on.

Pinterest showed me I could do more with my mantle during the year.  I'm not a fan of our mantle/fireplace, it's nondescript and has no character, so anything I can do to change that I'm all for.  Using this Pin-spiration, from the Apron Strings Home for the Holidays board, for cards and layouts is easy; the white really pops those glorious fall colors.  The plaid is a no-brainer (which on a Monday, no-brainers are a good thing.)  I love the shapes and sizes of the pumpkins and squash; reminds me to change up the sizes of embellishments.  I'll look for leaves - chipboard, silk, paper.



Gotta dash to meet Jennifer for lunch. . .er to give her her kit ;D

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Lori, I don't see Mr. Linky today.

Here's my layout, "The Cutest Dinosaur"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-cutest-dinosaur.html

Lori said...

Well, LOL, it was there just before I hit "post." Weird. It's updated now ;)

Deanna said...

Thanks Lori! I added it now. :)