Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pinterest Challenge #19

I love these colors.  They're so fresh.  So vibrant.  I love the idea of using Grey as the neutral instead of White or Kraft.  I love the round shapes.  The vintage, tarnished silver makes me think of looking for items with that feel, or maybe distressing items on the page or card.  I like the filigree on the silverware and think of the rub-ons, transparencies and patterned paper that I could incorporate.  The layout of the platter makes me want to try this with photos (or elements on a card) - a large anchor of paper, the photos (or sentiment) on top, then putting title, embellishments and journaling below (where the onion, the peas in the spoon and the garlic are.)  Lots of texture, lots of fun shapes to play with in this one.  Shoot, I could use the food to have me looking for Thanksgiving or other family meals, or even recipes to document.  This color palate is found in both kits this month - in the Fancy Pants Wave Searcher and in the Basic Grey PB&J (though PB&J has a decent amount of blue, but still.)


Who will win this week?  Are you playing?  One entry equals one chance at winning the Scenic Route (loved this company) Liberty line.  Complete more layouts or cards and increase your chances.  It's really that easy.

Happy Thursday,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great challenge Lori, was totally inspired by this one even though it's not my usual colour scheme!

And thanks, my awesome prize for winning t'other week arrived today! Yippeeee!

Deanna said...

Added my link and I used the kit you mentioned.....July 'Smaller Than' kit.