Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pinterest Challenge #14

I have a thing about deciding.  In that. . .I don't so much.  I've only recently discovered, or identified, or maybe just finally acknowledged what I always knew, what my favorite design style (home-wise) is.  And I'm 40-something.  Maybe this isn't a bad thing, but knowing what I like makes not being able to implement ideas, now that I know what I want, well, difficult.  So my Home Sweet Home. . .Someday board is filled with all the things I want to do to our current home.  I'm not collecting for a someday-we'll-build-our-dream-home-scenario.  I want it now.  This is another fall-out of finally figuring out what I want. . .I want it NOW! 

I have definite ideas for my kitchen, and there is definitely a theme in what I like - color picking may be my next decision.  LOL.  Today's Pin-spiration makes me want to bake, frankly, even with the predicted 100+ temps for today.  The colors are cool.  Serene.  Given that, the colors are a great background for photos of events that give me the same calm, warm and fuzzy feelings; like our yearly trip to Taylor Reservoir.  The crisp white makes me think of embellishing a largely monochromatic layout with white buttons, brads, small florals and ribbon.  The ceramics are glossy, so maybe something epoxy, or a handmade embellishment that's glazed.  I love plaid and gingham, so the window covering makes me think of similar patterned papers or ribbons.  The fringe on the pillow and the rattan chair remind me to mix it up and add layers and texture to the page with chipboard, corrugated pieces, wood embellishments, etc.  If I had one of those embossing machines, I can totally see running a sheet of Apple or White cardstock through it for a background to the page.


I finally went to check out the name of the My Mind's Eye collection up for grabs this week and it's Market Street - part of the Lost & Found release.  It.  Is. Gorgeous.  And it's the COMPLETE line - papers, mini album, stamps, brads. . .all of it.  All of it, just for you.  Just for playing along.  Even if all you get completed is one little layout or card.  Enter this week for your chance!

Happy Thursday.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

oohhh...that is soo pretty! I would love my kitchen to be in greens and white! Lots of great little touches!

Lori said...

Isn't it? This green reminds me of my Grandmother's kitchen - it had those apples from the 50's and 60's. . .you know which ones I mean?

But I also love red!

I'm thinking, LOL, I need a white kitchen I can change colors at will with!

Lynn McAuley said...

Bixx directed me over to your beautiful blog! I'm a huge Pinterest fan and forever find inspiration there.

Thanks for this wonderful challenge, Lori!

My grandmother had some of those plaster-of-paris apples!

Lori said...

Welcome Lynn! So glad you found us. . . can't wait to see your work!

My grandmother had wallpaper with those happy apples.

Unknown said...

Not sure those apples made it to England! No idea what you're talking about! :D

Mine kind of turned into MY ideal kitchen. Not actually all that far from yours Lori but it'd have to have some pink & polka dot!

Deanna said...

Added my link and have I told you that you've totally gotten me hooked on Pinterest, Lori?!?!