Monday, July 2, 2012

Pinterest Challenge #1

Today we start.  Today I want to see lots of scrappers sharing their work, too!

The coming challenges can inspire you in a variety of ways. I'll try to think of some, but if they inspire something else with you. . .go for it.

This is from Apron Strings' Color Theory pin-board.  When I pin these I don't know whether it's the colors I fall in love with or the pictures.  Sometimes it's just a toss up.

With this challenge you can most definitely use the colors - look for papers than have these colors in them.  I've seen Christmas lines, Fall lines, as well as Summer lines with these colors.  You can challenge yourself further by mixing your own color groups - maybe you have a polka dot in the blue, and a floral that includes the gold and raspberry, then you dot the page with some green embellishments and silver buttons or brads. Or maybe the photo will inspire something:  the round shape of the bowls will remind you to include round paper elements, the sugared candies maybe have you thinking of using glittered or "sugared" embellishments and papers, even the candy itself may inspire you to grab photos from Halloween or Easter.


Layouts for this week are due Sunday evening.  I'll award prizes weekly, but they won't ship until after the end of the month.  This week I have a collection kit of the My Mind's Eye American Made line.


So get out your supplies and go tell you friends to come by and play along!  The more the merrier. . .and the winner could be you!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Fun colors to work with and looks like a great prize!

Deanna said...

Added my link using the colors in the Pinterest image and a big circle. I went with an Easter layout.

"Coloring Eggs"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2012/07/coloring-eggs.html