Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Week In The Life - Sunday

You know I had the scrapper's guilt going pretty good over Week in the Life, until I noticed in Ali Edwards' post that she was still messing with getting her photos taken care of.  I shouldn't have had the guilt in the first place, but it made me feel better to know that she was still compiling.  I'll not think about the fact that she posted her photos online daily, and it's the album she's working on. . .

I'm just going to wrap up a look at my Week in the Life. . .these are a peek into my Sunday.

I do my best to menu plan every Sunday over my breakfast, update my calendar with practice schedules, appointments and what-not and gather up my shopping list for that week.  Usually, this works great.  Every now and then, well, we'll just call it an "interruption in programming."


There are times I actually enjoy this process by myself, savoring the quiet and my cup of coffee.  More often than not, I'm joined by some little elf with non-stop chatter.  Seriously.  Non.  Stop.  He spies my camera.

My 3 y.o. is so excited when his older brothers are around. . .most of the time.  Tonight he and "the brothers" would be camping.  Matthew is totally pschyed to go camping.  Since our trip isn't for another month or so, we console him with "practice camping" of which he is an over-eager participant.


My 13 y.o. earned this tent when he was a Boy Scout and selling popcorn like a mad-man.  He saw the tent in the catalog of prizes, and knew what he wanted and there was no stopping him.  The problem with these great incentives is that someone has to deliver all that popcorn!  And to get this tent, it was a lot of popcorn.


And so, in the living room, for the second weekend in a row, there was a tent pitched and three happy boys, who actually got along for a brief moment in time, cozied up in the tent with the light of the lantern casting shadows on the walls.  I could hear stories being read, watching when the dog would pass outside the tent and they could see her shadow and made believe she was some wild animal, and things talked about that only boys talk about, or at least boys with their 3 y.o. brother in their midst - cars, trucks, some sort of bodily noise subject matter. . .never mind.  And they never knew their mother stood outside the tent and was soaking it all in.


WooHoo - well, it's not an album, but it's documented.  And for that I'm grateful.

Happy Wednesday.

No comments: