Friday, May 4, 2012

Meet Sous Chef Nancy Longo

I love how Sous Chef Nancy Longo shows up in so many of her layouts. . .the same cannot be said for moi.  I also enjoy how Nancy scrapbooks any number of subjects - she and her husband, her fuzzy friends, pieces and parts of her life.  I can't say I even think about taking pictures of some of the things she actually manages to get scrapped- inspires me to act, snap, scrap.

Let's learn a bit more about her:
Originally from Orlando, FL.  Currently living in Yonkers, NY.
My husband and I have been married for five years.  We have six rabbits and one guinea pig.  I am an early childhood teacher and also tutor at a learning center part-time.  I started “scrapbooking” in college, when I would save cards, tickets, photos, etc. and put them into Hallmark magnetic albums.  In 1999 a friend invited me to a Creative Memories party and I was hooked!!  I have always been sentimental and loved keepsakes.  Saving memories in such a fun, creative way as scrapbooking is my passion.  Some of my other hobbies are baking, reading, yoga, running, Yankees baseball, and shopping (for anything and everything!!)
My favorite technique, although it’s not really a technique, is using kits.  I like when everything is put together…it lets me focus more on scrapbooking, rather than looking through what I already have, which is way too much, to find something to use.
The most I’ve completed in one “sitting” has been seventeen 12x12 pages and nine cards, completed at an all day scrapbooking event.  Over Winter Break in 2011 (nine days) I completed sixty 12x12 pages!!
My biggest challenge when scrapbooking is to say I’m done.  I’m always thinking “should I change that placement, should I use different paper/embellishments”.  I just need to be happy and move on to the next layout! :o)
My favorite scrapbooking tool is the Quickutz Revolution.  A friend got me hooked on Quickutz…now I don’t know how I ever scrapped without it!  I mostly use it for the fonts.  It’s great because you never run out of letters, like you do when you use stickers or store bought die-cuts.
I confess that sometimes I think I like buying the scrapbook supplies more than I like actually scrapbooking! :o)  ha ha

Happy Friday,

No comments: