Thursday, March 8, 2012

You know I am starting to find inspiration all over the place.  I don't know why?  Am I actually that observant?  I don't really think so.  Is it because I'm giving myself "permission" to look for it?  To not be put off because "I don't think that way?"  Possibly.

I was listening to a local morning show yesterday and they were having a conversation about  first steps and obstacles.  How so many people fear the first step, or avoid it.  That sometimes the hardest part of a project, decision, choice, is taking that first step.  Why?  Fear of failure?  Fear we don't really know what we think we know?  Fear that we haven't thought it all through?  Fear that our work or idea is out there, for all to see?  Like me, I have good idea. . okay I have ideas. . .for things all the time.  I blame my lack of action on time - not having the time to take the steps, draft the email, pick up the phone.  Whatever. 

We're scrapbookers and yet we fill day after day, week after week, of not taking first steps to create that album, work with those photos, make that page, purge our stash.  We fear not creating the perfect layout - by whose standards?  We fear our work isn't good enough - for who?  We fear participating in our wonderful craft in a variety of ways - why?

If you're one of those folks who reads this blog, thinks about the challenges and, yet, for whatever reason you haven't taken the first step in participating -- this is your day!  You're going to make that first step and take part in today's challenge with pack #4:  to use three sheets cardstock, 1 or 2 sheets coordinating themed patterned paper (like hearts, or trucks, or Christmas trees), one set of rub-ons, 6-10 buttons, chipboard or corrugated shapes and you're going to pair them with those photos that you've put off working with.  No more excuses.

Happy Thursday,



P.S.  Where in the world is Apron Strings? Here at Frosted Designs Sketches. We love sketches, so if you need some extra help with your layout today, you're sure to find something that works for you over there.



3 comments:

Deanna said...

I had't heard of that site, Lori! Thanks for the link!

Charlene said...

Yay! I'm caught up! Tired, but caught up! haha
Frosted Designs?! Yay! More challenges! Thanks Lori!

Deanna said...

Added my link, "Monster Trucks"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2012/03/monster-trucks.html

See blog for details.