Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday a Hodge-Podge

Here in the U.S. we have the federal holiday of Martin Luther King day - offices are closed, no mail delivery, no school.  So how come it doesn't feel like a break?  Work. Work. Work.  I have chores done,  dinner is planned, laundry is going, and I'm doing my darnedest to get the last of the Christmas decorations put away and hauled downstairs, where I expect they'll wait just outside the store room for an undisclosed amount of time.  Now I'm sitting down to catch up on my AS work and my DVR'd shows, as tax season is upon me and I have a ga-gillion things in my head to do.

Just as my day is a hodge-podge of things going on, so too is it here on the blog.  In no particular order, here's what's going on:
  • Former Card Kit Sous Chef Laura Williams had a card published in the October '11 issue of CARDS (publishers of Scrapbook Trends) - where in the product listing Apron Strings got a little mention.  Congrats Laura on a job well done!  If you've got the issue, take a gander.
  • Speaking of Laura, one of her long-lost cards from the December '11 Kit is below.  Just the bright spot for a day that is quickly becoming dreary.  Snow moving in.
  • Apron Strings also got a little mention over at Jillibean Soup's blog (scroll way down and you'll also find a Sous Chef's layout!) - they are showing off their upcoming lines - YUM!  DELISH!  Spring kits at Apron Strings are gonna be exciting!
  • Apron Strings is a new sponsor over at Birthday Sundaes, an awesome card challenge blog.  I know cards are on my list of goals this year (I've signed up for a Big Picture Class to help me achieve that goal.)  If cards are a goal for you too, head over there to look at the amazing examples and entries.  I love snowmen, so the challenge Apron Strings is sponsoring is just up my alley!
  • Finally, are you following Apron Strings on Pinterest?  If you are, there's a today-only coupon for you.  If not, well, go . . . besides the coupon, there's so much to love about Pinterest.  Talk about visual eye candy!

As much as I'd rather play today - it's just not gonna happen.  I'll play vicariously through you all.  Go.

Happy Monday,

No comments: