Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Already?

It doesn't feel like it was much of a weekend, but oh well, here we are back at Monday.  Our weekend was quiet, with our daughter on her Confirmation retreat all weekend and then the older boys were out hunting with DH on Saturday.  Sunday was a mixed day of chores and organizing. 

Last week DH and I took a trip down to Ikea to pick up one of my Christmas presents.  A year ago I was determined to get my scrap space in order. . .and I sorta, kinda got there.  A couple of times.  Of course I'm not speaking of how it looks now.  Anyway, somewhere in the middle of last year I decided that an Ikea Expedit (the eight cube) would be a good addition to my Store-in-Style cubes; cheaper too.  Santa had some Elf Union issues and couldn't bring my Expedit on the sleigh, so we finally treked down there to pick it up.  On Sunday my 13 y.o. and I put it together.  It now stands, mostly full, in the corner. . .and I must say it looks good!  As long as you only look at that corner, and no more than six inches in any direction, it's great!  I did empty out two bins of kits and got them into two baskets on the shelves and in doing so discovered I need to go through my kits.  But don't we all.  I wish I could say those were the only bins of kits I have, but alas, it isn't so.  I have another cube of kits, most of which I believe are used and I've re-kit-ed them.  I have pictures of my progress, unfortunately they're on my phone and I haven't a clue how to get them off.

I do have this lovely layout from Sous Chef Maria Swiatkowski, using the January Smaller than a Breadbox kit (the Fancy Pants line).  It's much more fun to look at anyway.  If I remember correctly, this the the title page for Maria's Project Life album - she's being a rebel and doing her own thing!  You go Maria!


February marks Apron Strings 7th Birthday.  AMAZING!  Be sure to follow the blog for a month of celebration and goodies to go.

Chores, laundry and a scrap-space are calling to me.

Happy Monday,


No comments: