Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Croptober #2

So yesterday, I started this month's challenge with a brain cloud (can you name the movie) or something because as I was writing the challenge I kept thinking, "this isn't what I was thinking. . .what was I thinking?"  But all I could see was my leaf chair, and that's what I went with.  Today, I went for my notes and had my "ah-ha" moment.

Today, and the rest of this month is about overcoming being embellishment-challenged.  I know I have frequent issues and have documented them here.  Whether you have issues or just need to think beyond what you currently do. . .it'll get tackled and in the process you'll be scrapbooking and completing pages!  WOOHOO.

Using an Apron Strings kits, find one with ribbon and buttons (if you don't have an Apron Strings kit, draw from your stash), use the ribbon and buttons in a new way for you.  Maybe the buttons are strung on the ribbon for a border or frame, maybe you knot ribbon through the buttons, maybe the buttons are centers of paper flowers.  I don't know. . .that part is up to you.  NOTE:  You'll use the rest of the kit as is, so you may find more inspiration with the remaining ingredients.

Happy Tuesday!





2 comments:

Mona said...

this is great! I am SO embellishment challenged!

Deanna said...

I don't see the place to add the links, but adding mine here...

Heirloom Bunny -
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2011/10/heirloom-bunny.html