Friday, July 1, 2011

Two Things. . .

When I got all off track this week with what day it was, I neglected to post Kristi's final work with the Bigger than a Breadbox June kit.  Below you'll see Kristi's layout where she combines paper from both the Pink Paislee and Studio Calico lines to create a great background for her Zoo page.  Krisit says, "Invest in a corner punch!  I bought one that does three different corners in one punch (with coupon it was around $10) and I have loved it! It makes a big difference with little effort."  You can see some of the punch on the Audubon Zoo page.  The Daydream Foam Thickers Apron Strings Pantry.

 
And her final project is using scraps for this themed album.  I love theme albums, you get to play on a smaller canvas, the pressure of selecting photos is minimal since they seldom hold more than one or two per page, experimenting with embellishments and layering is less stressful, especially if you're embellishment-challenged like I am, and you make good use of scraps.

Thanks, Kristi for all of the awesome ideas this month!

And finally. . .CHA Summer is coming up and I'm starting to see the upcoming releases, which is a good thing since my want-list from the Winter show is quickly dwindling, and oh-my-heck!  There are some gorgeous, some fun and some totally awesome stuff about to come out.  Upcoming kits for the fall/winter/holiday seasons are gonna be superific!

No comments: