Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Monday, No Wait, Tuesday

Happy day after Memorial Day.  Hope you had a nice weekend and that the weather treated you well.  Here we enjoyed seven soccer games over four days, under mostly sunny skies.  In the end neither boys' team made it to championship rounds (though I hear my niece and her team did - and won!  Go Katie!)  They played well though - with the 12 y.o. netting a goal!  And the 10 y.o. with an assist!  Yeah boys!  The silver lining to not making championships is we had a day of down time that we took full advantage of in doing. . .NOTHING.  Well, almost.  The boys mowed a couple lawns and DH did a little spot carpet cleaning - you know, new puppy thing and all.  I made ribs, fluff and potato salad in true summer fashion.  I even managed to get down to my space to sort out a drawer full of paper. 

Holy moly, paper I had totally spaced out having - some I didn't even recognize.  Sad.  Loose stuff.  Kit stuff.  Cardstock in colors I didn't use then and don't use now.  And hello, anyone remember vellum?  I'm guessing the stash I have is a QVC purchase.  The drawer is now empty and I have stacks - cardstock, stuff I'm thinking of keeping, stuff that is going and then the kits - not sure what to do with them.  I need to return to the scene of the crime and get it cleaned up.

I also found the time to do this:

I really, really wanted to do more, but just didn't happen.  However, I used another sketch from Lisa Day's 28 Sketches class at Big Picture and a challenge from LOAD - something about journaling the hard stuff.  This layout doesn't fit that subject, but with LOAD challenges, that's okay.

Now, check out this totally cute card, created with scraps from the October Afternoon line in the May Smaller than a Breadbox kit.  This is the final project from this month's Guest Designer, Wendi Robinson - and like her card says "Thanx" Wendi for a great month filled with wonderful examples and inspiration.  Follow Wendi at her blog HERE.

I'm off to rotate laundry, get some lunch and head back to my focus for the day - my studio space.

No comments: