Friday, April 1, 2011

Birthday Party Day #23 - LAST ONE

LAST DAY.  Last day of Spring Break.  Last day of the Birthday Challenges.  Last day of the Birthday Sale.


Kids have been pretty good, and the 2 y.o. has loved having his siblings home!  But you figure it's only a matter of time when they start showing signs they've been around each other too much.  Oh, like, my daughter just came up from the basement to shut the door because she's "tired of hearing gun fire and bombs." (xBox anyone?)  To which her brothers responded with sounds of bombs dropping and verbal gunfire noises.  She huffed back down to the basement and they promptly went back to playing some WWII game with their father who was in his office; they shout instructions to back and forth.  I have to agree with her though, I'm kinda over the war noises.

If you haven't made your way over to the Apron Strings website for the sale, today's the last day.  Still a great selection and the prices are stock-up-amazing.  Don't miss it!

I debated about giving a challenge today, but thought, what the heck . . . finish off the week, even though the month-long celebration technically ended yesterday.  Tell you what, all those who take up this challenge today, and link up their layout, will be entered into a special drawing.  No foolin' ;D!  Today create a layout that uses one of the following photos for inspiration. 


And here's another version, if you're more inspired by its Springy colors.

The photos are Subway Art from the eighteen25 blog HERE (it's awesome!!!)  You can see more of their great birthday ideas HERE.  OMGoodness I could (and do) waste so much time browsing all their ideas - it's insane!  Seriously, I want Subway Art for every stinkin' holiday!  How easy would it be?  I digress. . .  But really, look. . .

Okay, I'm done now.  We're watching Opening Day for the Rockies, the sun is out, there's no wind (woohoo) and only one soccer game before the chaos kicks back in next weekend.  For me, right now, it's back to the grindstone for me.



4 comments:

7across2 said...

I did it!!! I kept up with all of the challenges. Lori, thank you so much for this month of fun and scrappy goodness!!!!

I had a great time.

Lisa

Deanna said...

Added my link along with the details on my blog, "Birthday Fun"

http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2011/04/birthday-fun.html

I used photo #2 as my inspiration. Thanks for all the great challenges this month, Lori!

Patchi said...

23 layouts in a month! this must be a record! Thanks for the motivating challenges!!!

Jessica Navarro said...

Lori, I am thoroughly enjoying your blog! In fact, I have awarded you the "Stylish Blogger Award" on my blog! I am just eating up all the inspiration you are providing. Pop on over to my blog to claim your blogger award tag: http://scraplifterdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/04/stylish-blogger-award.html
Hugs, Jessica