Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy (Belated) Birthday

Happy, Happy Birthday to Apron Strings!  Yep, six years!  That makes Apron Strings one of the older kit clubs still out there. 
 (A little advertising, hang in there)  The fact that you get everything you need in one Apron Strings kit bag, makes scrapbooking and staying on budget a piece of cake.  Apron Strings is great for the rookie scrapbooker; no overwhelming trip to the stores, no trying to coordinate, inspiration in every box.  But don't discount them if you're the veteran scrapbooker; all the latest goodies you can't wait to get your hands on, enough product you can let your own style shine through.  Plus, there's my personal favorite - going out to a crop with my one little shoulder tote filled with kits, photos and a few tools and walking by table after table of scrapbookers who have hauled their entire crop room along with them.

Okay - so party time!  I'll have challenges for you, almost daily, and I've got prizes galore.  I've got two Doodlebug totes filled with goodies; one for a grand prize and one to a lucky follower, I've got in-between treats to push you along and I've got treats for just following the blog.  I've got stuff from American Crafts, Bo Bunny, Pink Paislee and more.  I've got challenges based on birthdays - look out.  :)

So I'm thinking streamers.  Remember those crepe paper streamers?  Rich colors, draped across the ceiling or around chairs and stairs?  They just say party!  Today, use ribbon, maybe in a way that's new for you - pleat it, create a frame, layered, woven, whatever.

Challenges will be due Sunday evenings, unless otherwise stated.  One of the totes will be awarded to someone who completes all the challenges.  Weekly goodies will be awarded as well, with shipping on all presents happening at the end of the party.





6 comments:

jengd said...

Sounds like a good kick-in-the-pants for me to try a few new things out! Thanks! :)

Deanna said...

AWESOME! I have so much ribbon that needs using up! LOL Hope to play along!

Deanna said...

I used some ribbon to frame my photo. Here's my layout..."In the Tent"

Deanna said...

oops......forgot to add my link! LOL

http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-tent.html

Patchi said...

I made a card - I hope that counts...

Molly said...

It is kinda hard to see, but I used ribbon to make the center of my flower. I have never used ribbon like this before, but I pleated it and secured it with embroidery floss. I made this LO using the current sketch from Sketchy Thursdays.