Monday, March 7, 2011

Birthday Party Day #5

Happy Monday everyone.  As I sit, with the smell of Snickerdoodle Cupcakes wafting around my kitchen and thoughts of Cinnamon Buttercream frosting swimming in my head, I'm looking out on a frosty Monday.  The weather started to roll in yesterday during my 12 y.o. son's championship soccer game.  Yep, pre-season tourney number two.  Wind, clouds, cold, more wind and a lot of screaming and jumping up and down; it kept me warm but people stare at the crazed soccer mom.  I've said it before, I just can't help myself.  They were undefeated in their three games and took the championship game with a win and first place.  My 12 y.o. had an awesome weekend - big crosses, assists, shots on goal and even a goal.  Way to go Tom!


So soccer occupied my weekend and very little else got done.  Today is all about catching up and moving forward.  To start you all right with the next Birthday challenge, here's another peek into the March Bigger than a Breadbox kit - this time it's the Basic Grey's Hopscotch line.  Kristi created this super cute layout about a trip to Six Flags amusement park.  I wouldn't have thought of that event for this line, but it's clicking in my head now for our trip back in time at Lakeside!  All those colors are fun and festive.  I know there's a paper with banner-like triangles, that pink makes me think of cotton candy and the dotted paper she uses makes me crave that Dots ice cream treat!  Thanks for the new view for this line, Kristi.  You can check out more of Kristi's work on her blog HERE.  She has a quick TIP as well:  use plain colored cardstock and tags like in the kit this month to go under other elements and make them stand out. If not for the white journaling circle and tag the flowers might get lost in the paper.
So besides those ice cream dot treats, this layout has me thinking of Sprinkles.  I'm sure the smell of the cupcakes cooking has me thinking sprinkles too.  Birthdays have tons of places for sprinkles - on the cake or cupcakes and confetti tossed all around.  Today incorporate scrapbook's version of Sprinkles:  Use at least 10 Buttons or Brads or, dare I say, Eyelets on your layout.  This layout will be due Sunday evening.
Alrighty, back to work - or maybe I'll just make the frosting and be done for the day.  No, laundry is now calling my name and a toddler who didn't get naps this weekend is calling for me, too.


2 comments:

Patchi said...

I took out my Cropadile just for the party!

Deanna said...

I used 13 little white brads as snowballs on this layout, "In the Meadow..."
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-meadow-we-can-build-snowman.html