Monday, March 14, 2011

Birthday Party Day #10

Start your Monday off with this festive, happy looking layout by this month's Guest Designer - Krisit Bergin-Smith.  You can check out more of Kristi's fun layouts on her blog HERE.


Her TIP:  Use a border punch to punch through cardstock to view the patterned paper underneath (she punched the photo block mat along the left edge to see the blue dot behind it).  She also used a mix of leftover letters, all in black to create her title.  Kristi is queen of stretching out her supplies.

Hoping everyone's weekend was a good one.  Weekend one of soccer down, nine more to go.  The boys played well in their season openers - the 12 y.o. had a shot on goal and two assists which helped with their win - turn it on Tom!  The 10 y.o. had some great plays, but the team ultimately lost.  My daughter and her volleyball team played well, had moments of brilliance, but didn't pick up a win during their weekend pre-season tourney.  That was just Saturday.  Sunday was busy, though I didn't leave the house.  It was one of THOSE days.  I'm happy to see everyone back to school and work and have some peace and monotony during the morning.


Monday dawned bright and with the time change I actually saw the dawn.  I hear birds in the backyard; funny how you don't notice that there isn't that sound until you hear it back again.  I love the sound of the chirping and I heard the first mourning doves yesterday.  Chores for the day are done (before 10:30, what's up with that?)  Laundry is going.  Ali Edwards said once in a post how she enjoyed the sound of those machines running - and she was right.  There's something about their sound, cleaning, that makes me feel productive even if I'm otherwise not so much.  Need to get dinner in the slow cooker - we have soccer practices tonight and my daughter has play practice all week after school in final prep for the show on Friday night.  I'm feeling the need for chocolate cupcakes, too.  And that's just Monday!


So let's see - you need something to do.  Kristi's layout is like a party on a page, it's so fun, bright and full of movement (and it ain't a party if nobody's moving) - so let's use it as your inspiration for today.  The colors, design, theme, whatever.  It's the perfect Monday-morning-mood-lifter.  Due Sunday evening.

I'm off - I've got some big-time deadlines approaching like a runaway train and I'm starting to freak out just a little bit.



1 comment:

Deanna said...

Wonderful page to use for inspiration. I used the basic layout design and also some stitching and distressing.

Added my link, "For the Record"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2011/03/for-record.html