Monday, February 21, 2011

My Bluff Was Called Monday

So apparently viruses don't listen to me any more than my kids do.  I tried ignoring it, working around it and through it, but it didn't work.  If I didn't know better I'd think it was my version of morning sickness. . .but I know better and it's not.  Whatever it is, though, it sucks and I want it gone.  Soon.  I had big plans for this four-day weekend and sitting the majority of the time, sitting that doesn't involve scrapbooking, wasn't one of them.

Feeling well or not I had things to do - my son's games - one winner and Consolation Round Champs, WOOHOO - Way to go Tom!  And the first loss for the other, by one point, moves them to play for third next weekend.  

Check out February Guest Designer, Deanna's final layout for the month.  She used the October Afternoon Modern Homemaker line in the Smaller than a Breadbox kit and the February sketch from Becky Fleck at PageMaps.  Deanna used the line to highlight a Chinese dinner on a cruise she took.  It's adorable and totally out of the "Homemaker" box.  Thanks, Deanna, for a fantastic month.  You can keeping getting great inspiration from Deanna on her blog HERE.

Deanna's Tips:  I used a Bazzill Stitching Template for the circle. Added Doodlebug Alphas, Black Floss and Ink, Black CS for my matte, and Jillibean Soup Journal Spot to the kit.

Drawing from Deanna's layout for inspiration, kick off the week, Monday's challenge is use stitching on your layout - real would be great, but rub-ons or pen work fine too.  Upload by Sunday evening.

A little housecleaning:  Cookie Jar Treats will be heading to Nitasha (Week of Jan 31st) and Patchi (Week of February 7th) and Carolina Girl (Share the Shame-Stamps).  Congrats ladies.

I'm off to see where my energy is for today and work with it while I can!

3 comments:

Nitasha said...

Yay! Thak you so much! And congrats to Patchi and Carolina too!

wendipooh13 said...

congrats to the winners...

here is mine for the challenge:
http://scrappydayinparadise.blogspot.com/2011/02/wet-day-at-disney.html

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More said...

We hope you are feeling better! I sewed on this layout - Prettiest in the Patch!

http://somescrapsugar.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-sketch-world-sketch-thon.html