Monday, February 7, 2011

DONE! and Monday Do-Dads

Welcome to Monday!  I hope your weekend was a good one.  We had one win and one loss over the weekend, one birthday girl, two friends and one bummed out boy over the loss of the Steelers.  Two cheesecakes, 40 cake pops and take-out Chinese.  One more layout, eight filler-photos and one completed December Daily album for 2010!  The layout above used the LOAD challenge, Lain's own version of 5 on Friday - sweet.  I'll have to play catch up on challenges five and six; falling asleep way too early on Saturday killed getting that one done and then the birthday girl's party and the subsequent cleaning afterwards has left me with no time for day six.  Back on track with it tomorrow.


Here we have February's Guest Designer, Deanna's layout for this week using the My Mind's Eye Alphabet Soup pack in the February Smaller than a Breadbox kit.  Isn't it the cutest?  If you like this one, check out her blog HERE for more.


Deanna's Tips:


  • I added a bit of a white edge around my photos by using a sanding tool.
  • Use border punches to create decorative edges to your layout.
  • I used the backside of the 'Zoofari' paper for my curvy journaling tag.
  • Don't forget to mix your kits too. I used the dark grey cardstock from the Echo Park kit for my photo matte.
  • Everything from the kit except for the American Craft Foam Thickers, VersaMagic Black Ink.
Hmmm. . .challenge, challenge.  Something for Monday.  AH!  Use something on your layout today that you've been putting off.  Like. . .oh. . .stamps.  Say you have a ton of stamps that just sit, pull them out and use them.  Oooorrr. . .punches.  You know the ones sitting and collecting dust.  Whatever it is - find it, get it, use it.

Off to get my week off to a good start so I can play later ;)



No comments: