Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday, Monday

Don't those look good - plus they're filled with a key lime cream. My daughter made them last Monday for a little BBQ we had for Labor Day. And they were scrumptious!
You know since it was Labor Day, we labored - over the burgers and brats, over those delish cupcakes and then I labored a little over some layouts. I'm taking another Big Picture class, this one is Use Your Stash - like I use anything else - but, I'll take any challenge to get a little cropping in. So over the Labor Day weekend I did a layout a night - it was nice, I need to make that a habit. (The "take whatever time you can" is also a philosophy of the class). Below are what I managed to accomplish. I have another layout, though I'm not feelin' it, so when it's done I'll share.
Since we've had a little break since the frantic pace of My Croppy Summer, it's time to start up weekly challenges again to get you all moving. I like the idea from the Big Picture class that scrapbooking doesn't have to be something you do in one shot. If you only have 15 minutes, use it to pull papers, crop photos or mess around with photo layout. Take the pressure off yourself for getting it done in one. In the spirit of the class let's do a little Use Your Own Stash challenge for today. It's a gorgeous pre-fall day today, the light has changed, the trees are starting to turn and there's a breeze with a touch of cool in it - even though temps will be up near 90. Using your oldest fall or fall-feeling papers, add scraps of ribbon and a handful of odd buttons or brads, create a layout. Link it up by Sunday and you could win a little treat.

Speaking of treats - all goodies from My Croppy Summer are on their way (thanks for your patience) either straight up and out, or tucked in among your kits.
Have a happy Monday.



3 comments:

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More said...

So glad to see the challenges starting again! Totally missed Croppy Summer due to the inability of my children to play together nicely and having to go here there and everywhere!But I've got lots of pictures ready to scrap and the kids are back in school so here we go!

-Kristin

Deanna said...

WOW! Those Key Lime Cupcakes look YUMMY! I love 'limey' stuff! I've been looking forward to getting back to the weekly challenges! YAY! Didn't get to participate much in the Summer challenges as other little things took over! (My grankids! LOL)

Deanna said...

Added my link along with a description of what I used on my blog! Thanks for the challenge, Lori!