Friday, July 9, 2010

My Croppy Summer Assignment #8

Apron Strings is happy to be the July sponsor over at The Scrappiest blog. If you haven't checked out Liz's sketches, you need to go. Now. Play. You could win! And who doesn't like free stuff? Today's assignment comes from Elizabeth Kartchner's "52 More Scrapbooking Challenges": Use Media to inspire your next layout; books, CD's, DVD's, movies. . . She has a couple great examples. Her layout drew the colors, a large circle from the front cover and the word "completely" from the title of her daughter's favorite book, "I Completely Know About Guinea Pigs." Another examples is from the art on the cover of a CD, "The Hotel Cafe Presents Winter Songs" (you can look up the cover). The designer used the tree on the cover as inspiration to create a large tree graphic on her layout - but in fall colors. Watch for a cool tutorial by Sous Chef Maria on Alcohol Inks coming up tomorrow - she says they're easy. I see money floating out of my pocket on my next trip the the local store. Thanks, Maria. Thanks a lot! ;)

1 comment:

girlyscrapper said...

Yeah - I actually completed all the challenges this week! For this one I used an ad for the Colorado Shakespeare Festival - I liked the grid with random open spaces and some bigger blocks of color.