Saturday, July 10, 2010

Change the color of your embellishments!

Hey ladies, Maria here with a quick tutorial on alcohol inks. I've only recently begun to dabble with alcohol inks, and have found they are pretty neat to work with.
Ever had a metal or plastic embellishment that would look great on your layout - if it was a different color? Well, alcohol inks work well on these non-porous surfaces. Apply the inks with felt pads or cotton swabs, or even just drop them on for a splattered look. I used alcohol ink here to change my metal brad from gold to burgundy on this layout from June's Smaller than a Breadbox kit:
You can also color plastic - here I dyed some Maya Road stick pins:
The possibilities are endless! You can also pick up a blending solution to mix the colors together on surfaces. I hope you take the chance to try out alcohol inks. I'm slowly adding to my collection. :)
Maria

No comments: