Monday, June 28, 2010

My Croppy Summer Assignment #1

To those who know me - via newsletters, email and this blog, you may recall that Autumn is my favorite season - Love it! A close second is Winter - Love it. And, if there were only three seasons and Early Spring rounded out the year - life would be great. But alas, that is not the case, someone out there deemed that there should be the hideousness (yes, it's a word) of Summer. I hate it. (yes, it's a strong word, but in this case no other word will do) I hate the heat. I hate the blinding brightness of mid-day. I hate the stillness of it when the world is just baking at 90+ degrees; I mean for Pete's Sake even the animals don't move. Can I find anything good about Summer? My kids are home. Schedules are definitely uncluttered. And ice cream sounds better during this time of year than when you can actually make it outside on the back porch because the temps are freezing. The other good thing? I can crop during the day and because of that my mind whirls (more than it usually does) with ideas of things to do. So for the next, oh seven weeks or so, I'll be making Summer as bearable as possible with all kinds of activities here; pages will be completed, photos will be taken, games will be played, prizes will be won and fun will be had. I know that summer also means vacations for folks, so I'm taking a looser approach to these challenges - some weeks there will be daily challenges, some weeks only a few. It's more about getting done what you can, than completing everything. I'll let you know within each post how prizes will be awarded and when. Grand Prizes will be awarded at the conclusion of My Croppy Summer, around August 16 or so; not sure on that date yet. You could also win a prize for doing absolutely nothing. You can be a big 'ol couch potato and still win. How nice is that!? So go tell your friends, or sign up yourself to actually be a follower of the blog because I'll be drawing names of the followers who'll win nice little treats. Thanks to Melanie, I'm going to attempt to use InLinkz to make uploading layouts a little easier and so that everyone can see what's up. I haven't tried it yet, so if it totally blows up in my face, we'll stick with the regular old "link up to the post" routine. :) If it works look for the little frog at the bottom of each post, click the add link and follow the prompts. If it works we should be able to see thumbnails of everyone's work for each of the challenges. As with any marathon of activity, stretching and warming up must be done. In that light, here's your warm up exercise for today - use this sketch (PageMaps) to create a layout; in the .jpeg archives April 2008. Easie-peasie. This, along with whatever else I post this week will be due by SUNDAY EVENING.

So go, unearth your supplies, round up your photos, crack your knuckles and sharpen your scissors! Here we go!

10 comments:

Deanna said...

Looks like a GREAT sketch! Gotta love those PageMaps! :)

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More said...

Yeah Lori! Okay I do not have time to scrap in the summer - kids are here there and everywhere so I have missed out on all scrappy fun so far. I am going to do this challenge come heck or high water (which literally may be the case because we already have a hurricane!)because I am having serious withdrawal problems!Love the sketch and can't wait to get started!

Rebecca K. said...

fun!!! i submitted mine... don't know why the thumbnail didn't work!

Gloria Stengel said...

Fantastic sketch!

Move here...no heat no humidity no bugs! But also no winter. I live in the land of late spring, early summer - over and over again. hee hee

Patchi said...

You would think I liked the hot weather after all these years in FL, but I still avoid the outside as much as possible. I get "fall fever" after our 6 months of 95+ heat!

Summers for me are even more busy, I work full-time all year round and the kids are at daycare all day long - but now we add swim lessons and conferences to the schedule.

I hope I get some scrapping time, this sketch is amazing!

LindaR said...

Fun, fun, fun!!
I just love this sketch.
I linked my page.

Molly said...

Oh Man, this looks like so much fun. I love the sketch, I love the new way to link, but I am so SLAMMED at work and am getting ready to go on vacation on top of it! Bummer. I will have to pick up a little later in the Croppy Summer.

Deanna said...

Here's mine based on the PageMap......

"Birthday Traditions"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2010/07/birthday-traditions.html

Deanna said...

o.k. I just remembered to add mine to the 'linky thing'! LOL

girlyscrapper said...

I loved this sketch! I used my BTB kit from Nov '09, and 2 month old photos of my now 2 yr old - double yeah!

I am lovin' the inlinkz tool - love seeing all the LO's without having to copy/paste.