Friday, June 25, 2010

5 on Friday

I write today's post from deep underground - well, okay maybe 10 - 15 feet, but it's the only cool spot in the house, plus it's got TV. The 98 degrees when we drove by the YMCA's temperature ticker about an hour ago meant mommy'll be happier if she stays cool. Though when I put the 1 y.o. down for a nap up in his room, it wasn't as hideous as I expected; it actually seemed warmer on the main level. So I sit here contemplating the likelihood that I'll leave the couch and move over to my scrap area for some serious cleaning. Right now, motivation is low and ice water is lukewarm. Not a good combination for getting things done. So intead, I'll post the final challenge for this week - with its late arrival I'll make the due date for this week's challenges SUNDAY EVENING (instead of Saturday.) With a sweaty-headed nod to the heat outside, here is your 5 on Friday:
  • 1 sheet cardstock - red, orange or yellow
  • 1 sheet patterned paper with circles or waves
  • 1 set epoxy embellishments (you can create your own if necessary with Diamond Glaze
  • 1length of trim
  • 1 set of metalic embellishments
Double entry points for scrapping something "hot." Remember, besides journaling and title no other ingredients may be used. This along with the other challenges from this week are due on SUNDAY evening to be eligible for the Cool Treat.

Thought I'd share my recent layouts. Yes the photos are duplicates, though the layouts are different; one for the family album, one for the child's. I messed with the slide show for way, way too long - so instead of a nice rotating image, you get them all laid out. Stupid technology!

I actually have nothing planned for this weekend. Nothing! I don't know when the last time that happened. Wow. Wonder what I'll do with it? Find out Monday ;)

9 comments:

Maggie said...

Love the pages, maybe you can scrap some more :)

Deanna said...

Wonderful job with all the layouts! So glad you got some scrapping done, Lori! Sounds like an interesting challenge. I'm hoping for a big ole' scrappy weekend! :)

LindaR said...

Love seeing your pages!!
Here's mine for the challenge. This was a tough one to find them all.

http://lookatlindasthings.blogspot.com/2010/06/5-on-friday-at-apron-strings.html

Molly said...

Nice pages Lori, I think I was at the train museum in Golden for the same Day with Thomas, LOL! Nice 5 on Friday too. My cardstock is red, my paper has dots, my trim is the red dingle balls, my metal embellishments are blue jewel brads (trying to look like spray from a sprinkler), and I used cardstock Lime Rickey stickers that I coated with Diamond Glaze (great suggestion, I will use it again) to make the epoxy embellishments. I don't know if running through the spinklers counts for something hot, but it was really HOT that July day!

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/mollytamale_bucket/Apron%20Strings%20Design%20Challenges/IMG_3830.jpg

I would also like to point out, that me, the journaling slacker, has the journaling done on all three layouts this time! It is sort of a resolution of mine right now, LOL!

Kailyn said...

I've got OCD when it comes to scrapping chronologically, and I've finished up all my summer layouts from last Summer already, so as I'm catching up, I've moved onto last Fall. No "hot" layout for me, but the rest of the criteria are there.

http://wil-e-mommy.blogspot.com/2010/06/messy-man.html

Nitasha said...

I didn't finish all of the challenges this week, but I sure enjoyed playing along at least a little bit...Thanks for hosting such a great, active blog and club...

http://myeyesandheart.blogspot.com/2010/06/playing-with-apron-strings.html

Jennifer Abbott-Scott said...

Great LO's everyone! How late can we enter? I'm on PST. Thanks!

Lori said...

Layouts are posted before midnight in whatever timezone that is for you. :)

Maggie said...

http://2010yearofthescrapbooks.blogspot.com/2010/06/long-time-no-scrap.html